Saturday, August 6, 2011

Too late to back out now...

I've really been enjoying my running lately. So much so, that I've neglected to update this blog!

Last year I ran the Adelaide marathon. After an injury setback, and starting again slowly early this year, I didn't think the marathon would be a possibility but....

I started running trails and that seems to have made my general running stronger.

The great thing about trails is that there is so much going on, you forget what you're doing! There is so much to take in from the different terrain, to the smells and sounds around you. Not to mention the gorgeous scenery...
Starting at 6am in pitch darkness adds an interesting dimension too!!

But on Sunday the 31st of July I ran the Hills 2 Henley race.


I was looking forward to doing this as it was the first long non trail run I had done in a while.
I did an ok time but I just felt like I had such a bad run. I'm not sure why.
The conditions were perfect.

I had told myself that I'd see how I went with this race before deciding if I was going to tackle the marathon but who was I kidding? Of course I was going to do the marathon!!
Not that I think I'll do well... but I know I'll hate myself on the day, thinking everyone else is running and I'm not in it...
So no matter how badly I'm going to do, I'm in...

And strangely enough, I'm no where near as nervous as I was this time last year about it all!

5 comments:

  1. https://unitedcanadainc.com

    United Canada Inc. is a Canadian manufacturer and distributor of medical products. United Canada Inc. is one of the leading suppliers of children’s furniture, office furniture and lighting fixtures. We also Provide Premium Medical Masks – Made in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://farhatsweets.com
    Farhat Sweets store Michigan USA, specializing in quality Middle Eastern pastries like baklava, sugar free baklava, cookies, maamoul, traditional sweets and cakes. Be sure to visit us for your favorite Middle Eastern pastries shopping.
    Farhat Sweets are made of quality natural ingredients that are carefully selected and baked fresh daily. Our specialty pastry Baklava or Baklawa is a traditional Mediterranean delight made with the finest ingredients including pistachios, walnuts, pecans, pine nuts, fillo dough, rose water and pure butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.goldenmotor.bike
    Golden Motor Bike Canada - Buy Full E-Bikes, Scooter, Sun-Ron X, E-Chair, E-Bike Conversion Kits and Accesories at Golden Motors Canada. Free Shipping of Electronic Bikes to Canada and United States.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://njlaw.ca/
    Najma Jamaldin, along with lawyers in her law chambers, offer legal services in criminal and regulatory defences and appeals. If you face prosecution or intend to appeal a decision, you need legal advice. Consult Najma Jamaldim in West Toronto to schedule a consultation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://manaauto.ca
    Mana Auto Canada is a Car Shipping & Vehicle Transport Services in Oakville. Mana Auto Oakville can take care of your auto shipping & transport needs anywhere in Canada.
    Mana Auto door-to-door service is available anywhere in North America. If there is a road, we can ship and deliver your vehicle!

    ReplyDelete